26 August 2010

i'm super excited for some reason

i just used the sewing machine to sew the button back on to my watch strap. before you get confused about a button on a watch strap - i made it myself out of shoelace and a snap button. i'm very proud of it :) the only problem is that the constant pulling open and closed wears out the thread quickly and i have to sew it back on again. but that will no longer be a problem, because it takes about two minutes for the machine to sew it back on :)
woo! i'm really happy now.

in planty news, the two peppers are about half the size of a full-grown, store-bought pepper. the tomato has reached the top of the window. it has loads of flowers which i'm hoping will turn into tomatoes. the goji is massive. it's almost as tall as the tomato. i had to tie its branches up because they were falling over.

my novel is going well. i'm on chapter 28 of draft 3.1 (which is the proofread of draft 3). chapters 25 to 28 are a little slow and i don't know how to spruce them up. but then penelope_stone tells me i need some down bits in the book. i guess it's tense, which i want i wanted. i want edge-of-your-seat for the whole book. woo! fantasy thriller! no. not really. it's not a fantasy thriller. i like to call it a fantasy adventure. lots of stuff happens.

i think that's all my news. :)

3 comments:

  1. Gah. When things suddenly get slow in a chapter it drives me nuts. I mean, I've written it and it's supposed to be good and sometimes it's exactly right. But slow. And it's damn hard to work out how to fix it sometimes. So I wish you luck with sorting it out, if I knew of a good suggestion I'd pass it on, but i've been stuck on SLOW for a few chapters myself now and I have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you gone back to writing novels? did screenplays not work out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I've been trying to convert Tranquilized into a novel. Going terribly slowly. Not entirely sure I'm cut out for the novel writing field, but there ya go. Got halfway through and then realized a lot of it was too slow and over-wordy and have been trying to cut it down and tighten it all up. But it has been a blow to productivity and I'm having a hard time finding the willpower to continue with it. That and the whole divorce thing kinda just sucks the life right out of you.

    ReplyDelete