06 October 2010

Albuquerque

Yea, so. That other news. I got interrupted writing this post by an international shipping surveyor arriving at the house to catalogue our stuff. And that's really what this post is about. Earlier today, our US visas arrived. In 6 weeks, we will be in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and we will stay there for at least a year and possibly up to three years.

:)

I'm pretty excited. lordkilljoy's company is moving us, so we don't know where we'll be living or anything. So that puts a huge damper on the excitement. It's hard to get excited about a place if you can't make plans about where you will be living and what you will do there. But i'm sure things will work out fine.

Yea. So, i don't really know what else to say.

PS - it takes me about 5 minutes to write albuquerque. who would give a place a name that's that hard to type? or even just get straight. there is far too much room to get letters mixed up.

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully ye will have fun. I suspect the cost of living is lower there.

    Are you going to get a job over there or are you just going to keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be writing. My visa doesn't let me get a job.
    It should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever tried to get anything published?

    A book of short stories or the Zachery Trilogy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. I'm working on that at the moment - getting the first book of the series published.

    ReplyDelete