22 March 2012

bread x ∞

I may have mentioned this before but... I love bread. Bread is the best thing ever. You can have it with butter, or toast it. You can rip it into pieces and nom each bit individually, or you can stuff a whole slice into your mouth. You can dip it into soup, or sop gravy up with it. You can build with bread (seriously, the Chinese used rice flour as mortar).

I made some lovely bread today. Even better than last weeks scones... which were good, but not perfect. I found out that if you put a lot of baking powder into bread that it can give it a strange taste. 3 teaspoons of power to 1 cup of flour is too much baking powder for my poor sensitive taste buds. Apparently, there are 2 kinds of baking powders and one has this taste for some people, but the other never does. I'll have to change the brand I have.

I'm going for a driving lesson on Tuesday. Ahhh. I'm going to try to act all confident so that I can just do the test at the end of this lesson (and pass it, of course) so that I don't have to go for my second lesson. I'm such a social goof. Maybe I'll really love the lesson and want to do the second one.

Anyway. I don't have much other news.

2 comments:

  1. Vroom Vroom and Nom Nom

    It's funny that you use nom nom. We use yummy.

    Enjoy your driving lesson and best of luck with the test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Vroom Vroom and Nom Nom

    Nom is just a more advance form of yummy for when yummy isn't enough :) But it's also kind of a verb. So you couldn't say it was nom.

    And I don't know if I'll have the test this week. I might need to go for a second lesson.

    ReplyDelete