16 September 2006

lots of news about lots of stuff

my editing of zan / kej goes on. every day i say "i can get this finished today" and everyday i close having more to do. at this stage i'm just reading it out loud (thanks for that suggestion leinsterbard) to make sure everything sounds good - no repeated words and commas in the right place and stuff. i've tagged a few paragraphs for an overhaul, but just haven’t the willpower to go at them yet. i'm waiting for inspiration. i'm a firm believer that no idea should be a struggle, you just have to wait for the inspiration. of course sometimes it takes forever to get here. anyway. i'm also half way through the plot outline / synopsis for my novel. it also needs a name, probably something with "fall" in the title. zan / kej also needs a title. ah well.

ps - listening to really loud music and singing along does not help with editing.

4 comments:

  1. I've been going through the story. When I'm finished completely I'll leave a far more thorough email for you.

    So far however I'm enjoying it. Unfortunately its called NET 125 that's holding me back from just sitting down and finishing it all in one evening. Ugh. But enough of that...

    If there would be one thing that I'd ask is this, your descriptions are breathtaking but there are instances when they prove a bit overwhelming. Again I'll be more thorough in the email (hopefully sent sometime early this week).

    I do hope you realize that I'm laying claim on Zachery despite his tendencies of being a meanie. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. get off - zachery is totally mine!!! the very first minute i thought of him, i was hooked. he's the one keeping me writing at this stage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. -___-

    Fine. He's yours. Hmmf. But...can you lend him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would pronounce it Cry-on like bryan with a K

    ReplyDelete