07 September 2006

news about happy things

i got new leads for my pencil, so can write my nanowrimo outline with a good pencil - my faber castel one that adi gave me in germany - my favourite pencil. that's going well. i made the archassembly yesterday: they are shaping up to be a pretty cool group. they're reminding me of neil gaiman's endless (is that what they are called? dream, destruction, delirium, et al). i hate having to come up with names though, i have one and a half, i need 11 and a half more. buh. anyway - its good.

i'm also starting editing my zan kej story, thanatos_elnyx made some really good points, trying to incorporate them is a little challanging, but well.

ahhh - i'm so happy: i wish i had more to say. anyway, i guess i'll go. there's a short story festival on in town sometime soon + i want to go look up info on what's on. there's workshops - you never know, i may just pick up some improvement points.

right, so. bye.

9 comments:

  1. Yay for little things making you happy! I need to work on enjoying the little things more :) And congrats on finding a great pair of jeans, it's practically impossible nowadays (then again, it always has been for me... a fully grown woman who's too tiny to wear anything bigger than a size 12 girls jeans, but then of course, girls don't have hips! bah...)... *evil eyes the fashion industry*

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!

    I knew I forgot something with everything that's been happening! I'll get finished with you rough draft in the next week...promise! Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awh - that's ok. i'm looking forward to your opinions though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are levis, have a lovely shape, are darkish denim and not faded or washed or ripped - woooooooo! go plain jeans!!
    I have to agree with you there, I have two pairs of jeans, dark blue and black. None of this ripped, faded or washed shenanigans.

    i really hate fashion
    Says the girl who knows the name of every little bit of obscure clothing.

    i also got new leads for my pencil
    You are lucky you are not a guy! Oh the innuendo we could get out of that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, then! i hate modern fashion. victorian / obscure fashion is totally cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes - the little things are the most important. because, afterall, big things are just a lot of little things bundled together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obscure: Can't fault you there.
    Victorian?: I have trouble imagining you in a corset. Much too many clothes with no exposed flesh.

    This reminds me of the Al Murray view on fashion:
    Fashion to that old dog in the Fox Hunt. He doesn't know where the fox is, or even that there is a fox at all, so he just following Arseholes all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the actual corset part of victorian clothing is just a bit of material that goes around your middle - its the rest of thier dresses that covered the neck and arms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think a corset is a little more than "...just a bit of material that goes around your middle..." You could cause serious internal harm with those things!

    But in all seriousness, Victorians were just a little too prudish and their fashion reflected that.

    ReplyDelete