27 September 2007

The Library

I went to the library this morning, on the bus, via a diversion because some hammer-wielding man had been killed by the police just down the road from where we live... and i thought it was a quiet neighborhood, away from the rough areas. the police shot him and are now in trouble. and i'd just noted how last night was the full moon and people were due a little craziness. i didn't think it would lead to a killing.

anyway - the library. i went to shirley (which is, in my opinion a vastly superior library) and browsed around for a half an hour, after which time i left with five books. i could have left with eight, but i curtailed my enthusiasm.

i took out the next two of anne bishop's blood trilogy, the first two of barbara hambley's dragon 5ology and the plucker by brom. the plucker - i've been dying to get my hands on this book since i heard it was coming out. i love brom so much, he is such a fabulous artist (i secretly want him to do the covers of my books when i get them published).

they also had the third book of robin hobb's assassin trilogy - i've wanted to read that for a while, i just never get around to it. i also looked for neil gaiman's neverwhere, but they didn't have that one either. i saw trudy canavan's magical series too, but figured i had enough books.

it only took me 3 days to read daughter of the blood, though... so i figure this lot will keep me going about 2 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I like libraries, maybe a little too much

    I'm now in my third week of my course at Uni, the first week flew by, and i never really got used to the fact that i was here.
    However, when i walked into the Uni library, it hit me like a tonne of bricks - mainly because the building was about 5 times the size of my local library
    It might be a little sad, but it was the first time i had got properly excited :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh heh - i know how you feel. the problem i had with my college library was that it only had text books, no fiction to speak of.

    ReplyDelete