20 May 2009

again with the dreams

i guess it must be this time of year again. my dreams have become crazy and vivid and scattered.

last night my dream involved (possibly) the end of the world. there are just a few scenes that have come back to me - the first is:

i was in a car going past my secondary school, but the whole place had been knocked down and there were bulldozers and diggers on the rubble. loads of cars were parked along the road by the school and i wondered why they were there. someone beside me told me it was the last swimming class in the pool around the back. as i watched more cars pulled up and children got out and ran around the piles of rubble to vanish down the hill behind the school.

the second bit:
i was on a deck (of a ship? or maybe a train) and i needed help with something - something bloody (which i can't quite hold onto in my mind) but the guy i was talking to (the captain?) wanted to sell me poi. they looked like a good set and i was interested. so i took them out of the pack and unfurled them. they were massive wing poi, made of heavy cotton and too bulky to spin properly, but they did look impressive so i bought them.

the third bit:
i was with my aunt martene, in her room in her old house (only in was in the place her bathroom is) and we were having some sort of girly discussion. i'm not sure if i could move or not - it's very vague, but i have this idea that something exceptionally violent happened and there was lots of blood.
i know there is one image in my head of my arm split open and a huge gouge taken out of it and blood pouring everywhere. and my leg was the same and i could hardly walk.

and there was some other bit entirely set in a forest with an overlord and i was with a group of slaves. the complex was under attack or something and we were hiding out.

there were more bits, but they flit away when i try to focus on them. there was definitely something involving getting away from the end of the world on a train...

hmmm. oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment