09 June 2009

London

For most of my life that I can remember, I've wanted to go to London, because it's the closest famous city to me and you'd think it wouldn't take that much to go visit it. But there was never anyone who wanted to go with me and I wasn't going to go on my own.
So I finally got to go to London. lordkilljoy and I went over to see Gordon and Niamh for the weekend. We saw loads: Tate Modern, the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace (which should be called the horse parade), Camden, the Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral and random bits of the city walking to and from tube stations. I loved all of it. I'm definitely going back some day, maybe when I have more money. There were some amazing things in Camden, but I curtailed myself to two tops.
It has great hanging out with Niamh and Gordon. We had some great meals and went out on Saturday with friends of theirs: good fun even though I was wrecked.
And on the flight back I spotted the apartment - that was mad.

In other news:
Nymph ate half a cricket today. He hasn't really been eating well since Newt died, and it had been a while since he'd eaten a decent amount. So I was delighted when he gobbled down the bit of cricket that I had chopped up for him. See, my problem is that I have no idea how big or small his stomach is and how much he's meant to eat.

In a strange sort of contrast, Yoshi refused to eat anything today. That's a first in a long time. But I'm not worried about him. He ate a pinky (new born mouse) on Friday and I imagine that he just wasn't hungry.

Our internet is down at the moment... so I'm writing this on monday, but not really sure when I'll get to post it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. Was that really disgusting feeding yoshi a mouse? I think i've pretty much caught up with all you posts. Hi, i know i've been totally out of touch. Things should improve now that i'm a little closed to the internet on a somewhat regular basis. Glad to hear your out cycling, sounds like your having fun,

    ReplyDelete
  2. the mouse wasn't that bad. it took him a bit to eat - more meat than he's used to. and afterward he didn't eat for four days...

    ReplyDelete