02 October 2009

silly connection

Ever since we got our new internet in july, my connection has been on and off (unable to find certificates, limited connectivity, crashing out, unable to connect to wireless card, all sorts of fun things) and every so often i go at it to see if i can make it work properly. invariably i just make things worse and end up having to do a system restore to get it working at all. so today - since i'm a week ahead in my 16 week plan, i decided to go at it again. now it seems that the router will only pick up my pc if another pc is already connected to it. it won't start up wireless broadcasting just for my pc, no matter how hard i plead with it.
so i have it working now (but the laptop is also connected) and i'm just hoping that when i turn on my computer on monday i'll see a fresh, bright-eyed and ready connection waiting for me. i'm not keeping my hopes up on that, though.

i'm back playing fable2 at the moment. did i mention that already? i started a new character and am really enjoying the game. i've gotten up to new stuff in the game and it's really exciting. in fact, i enjoyed my time in the spire so much that i'm going to take my old character (the evil one) there and see just how bad things get. my good char woosed out at having to kill a fellow guard.

i'm back to 4 layers today (and fingerless-gloves). i had on 3 yesterday. i think it's the humidity is getting to me. i put on my hello kitty jumper this morning and was delighted by the smell of nag champa from the health fair, which is the last time i wore this jumper. i can still smell it now, but not as much - every time i moved during the day i'd get this lovely whiff. i'm totally considering putting an unopened box at the bottom of the wardrobe. mmmmm :)

wardrobe and cupboard are the wierdest words ever. and what's wierder is that they are both places to keep stuff. odd.

right, so. i'll go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment