26 January 2010

the room that is spare

I got no (well hardly any - two sentences maybe) writing done today. the part i'm editing is quite badly written and trying to think up better ways to string words together is hard.
but it was a productive-kind-of-day anyway. after business in the village (got some yogitea cold season tea, yum yum yum), i procrastinated writing by reorganizing the spare room, cleaning its window and contemplated making the bed (but the sheets are still wet after i washed them on sunday. yes - don't even think about how long it takes to get stuff dry.
the re-organization was also an effort to give the spare room a more liveable feel. because come next week that will be my writing room. i'm bringing my desk up from cork and moving my computer out of the kitchen. it means i'll have sunlight (and lots of it), warmth (from said sunlight), a good view, a quiet place to work (the fridge gets really loud sometimes), a bed if i get tired - no, i'm just kidding on that last point. but i'm pretty excited about it. the only con is that i might be a bit squashed. i'll have to do my impromptu dancing in the hallway, i think. the spare room definitely doesn't have room for hip-swaying and arm-throwing and body-twirling. unless i dance on the bed, but i think falling over would be too much of a risk.

penelope_stone is over tomorrow. should have some fun with her. i can't wait. that's actually where the writing angst is coming from. i have to get this chapter done before the weekend, and with penelope_stone around i don't know how much writing time i'll have. but its all good. i'd give up a whole month of writing if i got to spend it with her.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I find that going to another story helps if I'm having difficulties in the one I'm working on at the time.

    Excuse the giggles but I can't get the image of of dancing on the bed out of my mind. That would be quite painful if you slip!

    ReplyDelete