09 February 2010

the news of the last week and a half

right, i have heaps of news, starting with the cutest.
we bought a bird feeder thing in tesco about a month ago - a coconut shell filled with seeds and a kind of lard mixture. we had it out the front and in 3 weeks no bird touched it. last week i moved it to the back and i just checked it there and it's completely eaten. that's kinda cool. clearly the back of the apartment is superior to the front and that's where i live now :)

which moves me nicely on to my next bit of news - my computer is now in the spare room :) i have my old computer desk, liam's chair and a rad beside me. the only things i miss are the arms from my old chair. but i'm sure i'll get used to things. i even had to close down the blind a little because the sun was shining in my eyes. wooo.

now on to the not so cute and happy news. the reason i stayed down in cork for almost a week and a half (when it was only meant to be a weekend) is because joan (my aunt) died on saturday night (early sunday morning). it came as a bit of a shock but everyone knew the day would come at some stage. and now no one needs to worry any more because she's better of where she is, i imagine.
so we had the funeral and the cremation on thursday and then i decided to stay the weekend and got the train back today. in one way it was good, because i got to see aunts i'd not seen in years.

yea, so. i'm going to go now - i need to bring the rest of my stuff out of the kitchen. it's all the finickity (sic) stuff that i have so much of and that i have to try to re-home on this desk somewhere.

right - bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment