15 February 2010

a slow day

kind of a slow day today - i think i only wrote about 300 words. but it's better than nothing. i've been suffering apathy all day - i just can't make any decisions. i even went for a walk (on the advisement of lordkilljoy) and i couldn't decide where i wanted to go. haaaaaaa (that's a sigh). i ended up walking to the meath border (6km round trip - i made it to within a quarter km of the border, wasn't sure how far it was).

then i had lunch, settled down to write, got a little done, got annoyed at the vagaries of my internet connection (it's still misbehaving) and decided to clean up my background processes. so i cut out about 5 processes that i wasn't using and timed my bootup. it takes 30 seconds to the login screen and another 30 to load up programs. and this is a 7 and a half year old computer. i think i'm doing well. (my god, my computer is old.) 7 and a half years of love - it's no wonder lordkilljoy can't get me to buy a new one. it would be like putting down a beloved pet who is in the nick of health (is that even a proper phrase?).

anyway.
i'm playing metroid prime at the moment (on the wii - it's the first time i've invested a significant amount of hours on a game for this console). it's good, but annoying in places. i think if i was playing with hints off i'd have given up in utter frustration by now. modern games have made me soft - i want everything to be easy and laid out for me. but saying all that - i am enjoying it.

right. i don't really have anything else to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment