29 April 2010

jobs and less formal news

right, since my last post, i've had two interviews and a writing test. the first interview (admin in a recruitment agency) went well, but i didn't get the job. the second (supervisor in a language school) went well and i'm on to the second phase - a technical interview. so we'll see how that goes. the writing test was fun, and i'm waiting to get some feedback on that as well. it will probably be tuesday.

yea... this supervisor job, though. i'm just not sure. it's part-time (2 hours a day, five days a week) and pays just over minimum wage. so, i would waste 3 hours getting there and back for two hours of work. and the pay barely covers travel expenses and bills. but it would be another notch in my CV, and some experience.

i'd like it if this writing thing came through. working from home saves so much money. no travel, lunch costs about 70c, all the time i'm not working i can spend writing. but we'll see.

i went to see "how to train a dragon" today. bit late, i know, but still. i got to see it and i'm so glad i did. i could watch a whole movie that involved a winged creature soaring through the air, pulling mad stunts, a backdrop of exhilarating music. yea... it was good.

Did i mention i was playing splinter cell: conviction? I finished it the other night. really enjoyed it. now i have to get lordkilljoy to play co-op with me.

i finished joe abercrombie's trilogy too. i didn't like the end at all. the first book was ok, the second better, but the third was such a let-down. i have best served cold, and i'll probably read it because people said it was better, but it will be a while.
i'm starting the painted man today. can't wait to read it.

6 comments:

  1. Greg, you know the Polish, not retarded one

    You will love the Painted Man. I think it's one of the best books I have read in a very long while. Now I'm reading the second book, Desert Spear and it gets even better. I'm happy to hear about the job, I'm looking for one as well. I'm back in Ireland now, well on a small detour in Poland, but, I'll be back in Maynooth on the 11th. Do you want to grab a coffee and a muffin?

    Greg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Greg, you know the Polish, not retarded one

    yea, it would be great to meet up. do you still have my number? send me a text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added you to my beta filter. I hope you don't mind. Brandon really liked that movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's cool. don't know how good i'll be at giving feedback (just finding time to read stuff is a problem), but thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. meh- just blogging about the process. I rarely toss the actual story up. Occassionally, I ask if anyone wants to give a read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: Greg, you know the Polish, not retarded one

    Nope, my old phone got stolen in the UK and I lost everything, slowly rebuilding it. If you can, send me message on last.fm with your number :)

    ReplyDelete