13 April 2010

the sun should shine and i should go for a cycle everyday

about an hour and a half ago, i decided to go for a cycle. i'd had enough of staring at the sky wishing i could jump into it, and swim around in its smooth blueness, and decided i should enjoy it some other way than just in my imagination. so i filled up my water bottle, put on my helmet and went out on my bike.
and i didn't want to come home. i did my usual 12km route, then continued on along the canal because the day and the sunshine and the warm air were just too much of a delight. and to stall going home even longer, i sat under the brand-new, spring-green leaves of a chestnut tree. pure bliss.

and now i'm sitting here, with both the windows open (a little paranoid that a wasp will fly in) and dream of being outside again.

3 comments: