12 May 2012

Wedding Part 1

The day was brilliant. From getting ready in the morning to being too early to the hotel to a gorgeous dinner and the most brilliant dj in the world.

We got up at half 8, got breakfast (scones) and messed around for a bit before dressing and going down to get hair done. Lisa did my hair in the most beautiful way. She had a plait around the base of my head and a kind of small updo at the back. Then we had a little time at home, in which mammy ironed shirts, we grabbed the quickest, smallest lunch in the world and then over to Martine for make-up. She did it lovely - keeping it as natural as possible. Me and penelope_stone looked so pretty. Back to Lisa straight after that to get my veil put on. About 20 pins went into that endeavour, but it stayed on lovely.

When we got home, we put our dresses on - keeping an eye on the time. Somehow it got away from us because there was a mad rush at 2ish as mammy, penelope_stone and liam rushed out the door. The car for me and daddy arrived early, sitting outside as penelope_stone and them drove off. So me and daddy got the last bits and pieces together and went out to the car. "Drive slowly and take the longest route you can," was the advice, but we still arrived half an hour early. So the photographer, Bernie, jumped into the car and we headed off to south main street for a few photos. By the time we made it back it was exactly 3, so things worked out perfectly.

The people of the Imperial whisked me and daddy up to the room where the ceremony was taking place. My main impression of that was "oh wow, there are so many people, I can hardly see anything for all these people." And then getting to the top of the room and I see lordkilljoy and he looks amazing and all I can do is smile like a lunitic because I'm so happy and excited. The ceremony flew past - both of us making it through the official vows fine and our personal vows expertly, zombie apocalypse and all :)

That's it for now. More to come tomorrow (or the next day, or possibly next week).

No comments:

Post a Comment