13 May 2012

Wedding Part2

Right - I missed a bit yesterday. After we had our dresses on and were running around getting everything ready, and not having time for lunch, I kind of felt like my dress was in the way the whole time. It was so big, if I stood by the dining room table I blocked most of the way through the room. So I kept moving around and eventually just sat on the couch to leave everyone else rush around getting the last bits organised (like jeans for the next day and proper shoes). And the other thing I forgot, which was a bit funny, was that we lost my personal vows on the way to the car. So when we got to the Imperial I told daddy to run in and get a pen and paper so I could rewrite them. Thankfully I had them memorised well enough to be able to rewrite almost word for word.

So now, where was I? The Ceremony.

We said our pieces and signed our names and when it was all said and done, I couldn't contain my excitement. Everyone could see me bouncing on my chair with pure joy. And 70 hugs and congratulations later it was down to the bar for champaign and ice cream. Nom nom (to the ice cream). Liam ushered us out for photographs (me being a bit slow and stopping to chat to people) and off we went to the park for some (what I hope to be) beautiful shots. I'm pretty certain they'll be lovely - I have much faith in Bernie. The photos went smoothly - me going from "ohh, my dress might get dirty if I stand there" to "okay, I'll walk across this wet grass." Ned dropped us back to the hotel then, for more chatting and all of a sudden it was time for dinner.

I can't even remember, now, everyone heading up for dinner, but soon it was only me and Liam... oh wait. No - we went up to the penthouse for more photos, and when we got back down, everyone was already gone up for dinner. So we strolled the candle-lit corridor up to the ballroom, and waited a moment for everyone to be seated and ready before we made our grand entrance to the sound of 70 bells clinking. It was wonderful.

Part 3 to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment