12 December 2008

things

I applied for a new job yesterday. The last straw in my patience with the company i'm working for now was the rota for next week. i'm working 46 hours and have only one day off. i nearly cried when i opened the email and looked at it. but it did give me the kick up the bum i needed to actually go look for a new job. and it's pretty silly. they gave me so many hours in an effort to get more sales, but i am going to be way to tried to actually sell anything by next week. pah - working 7 days in a row and them having one day off. then i'm guessing i'm not going to have a day off until christmas day. but that would be 7 consecutive days without a break and that goes against my contract... so we'll see.

in other news - excellent news - lordkilljoy got me a bike for christmas :) it's cool. the guy in the shop let me cycle it around for a bit last night and it's amazing how a new bike works. not like my bike, which has some problems.

i had a wierd / cool dream last night where i was a tourist wearing a cross and a photo of the pope and people thought i was "a little bible girl." there was a castle-type-thing with a view over the town and out to the ocean. as i was exploring the castle a massive wave came and drowned everything and we could see fish swimming around out the windows.
that was the quick and nasty version of my dream, it was actually quite good.

2 comments:

  1. Good, I think you should start looking for a new job.

    That is so cool you are getting a new bike for christmas. You'll find it so much easier to cycle. What do you want from me for christmas? I'm at a loss for ideas.

    I haven't had a dream in ages, it would be nice to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you still have a dream catcher? that might help :)

    as for christmas... hmmm. there's always the old fashioned: books, games, dvds. or if you want something more interesting - you could see if you can get colour filters for my new camera (canon ixus 980is). that could be a little difficult, though. :shrug: i don't know :)

    ReplyDelete