01 December 2008

winter mornings

i fell over on my bike today. please note the distinction from falling off my bike - i was stationary when this happened. it was really frosted over and icy this morning, so i cycled carefully into work, not speeding down the hill like i normally do and going at a generally slower pace. so i made it to the bike railings in work just fine, but just was i was getting off the bike, the one leg i had on the ground slipped causing me to fall and my bike to fall on top of me. i'm sighing and rolling my eyes at myself. so after all of that, i have a slightly sore wrist and probably a bruise on my bum.

did i mention i have a cold at the moment? i'm heading into day 3 with it, and things are getting better. i hope it's gone by tomorrow.

two days off tuesday and wednesday - wooo! ugh - i can't say woo anymore without thinking of the episode of "how i met your mother" that featured woo-girls. it's really annoying.

the weekend was good - what little i caught of it. we played wipeout for a bit and marvel alliance or something. it was just about the worst game i have ever played. (no offence or anything to mulkabu and lordkilljoy, who enjoyed it a bit more because they knew all the characters.)

tonight i am going to come home and write 500 words, or for an hour (which ever comes first). i find that 500 words is impossible and takes an hour. 1,500 takes an hour and a half - it's just that getting started bit that takes ages, but i will write 500 words today.

No comments:

Post a Comment