15 February 2009

valentines

I had a really good day yesterday, well after i got home from work, that is. lordkilljoy bought and cooked dinner for me (3 courses), and got me a beautiful rose. Dinner was delicious, we settled in to watch a movie after and finished up the evening in the pub discussing religion and politics. The religion part was interesting, but try as he may, lordkilljoy will never get me to care about politics. In fact, we have directly opposite views on politics. He thinks it is of vital importance to everyone in the country, and i think it is the greatest farce ever to have been invented. But anyway. He's suffering somewhat badly today from an over-indulgence in wine. I tried some and almost spit it out it tasted so foul. I really don't know how anyone drinks it.
It was a good valentines, though. Usually i just ignore it and hope it will go away, and it does, but it was good this year. I guess having a boyfriend makes a difference.

Our lizards arn't doing so well. It turned out that Yoda and Yoshi were both males and yoda started intimidating and attacking yoshi. Poor dudeums was really scared. So lordkilljoy brought yoda back to the pet shop and got a different one (who we called yoshimi in the hopes that it would be a girl) but it turns out that he is a guy too and also has territorial issues. awh. so we are thinking of just keeping yoshi on his own now. I think we should try to get a girl somewhere in a few weeks.

I finish work in a week. I can't wait. I'm totally going home for about 4 days the first week i'm unemployed.

1 comment:

  1. Those particular bottles are not the best, but I can't see how anyone *doesn't* appreciate a good bottle of wine!

    As for politics, you're perfectly entitled to not participate in any fashion, but that means in any fashion - one cannot complain about how things work, at any level, if one chooses not to participate in deciding how things work. So once you're happy with that, then that's fair.

    ReplyDelete