30 April 2009

I won!!!

I won script frenzy! Wooo!! I'm so glad I did it this year. I struggled with my story from page 15 to page 85, telling myself every day, "I'm giving up today - this story is going nowhere." But it was actually going somewhere and I'm quite happy with what I have now.

I found that way harder than Nano. But now I can brag that I've gone from knowing nothing about scriptwriting to having a 100 page screenplay to call my own :)

Actually, I blitzed from page 85 to 100 today. Well, truth be told, my script ended on page 99. But the story was finished and I'm sure it will pad out a little with editing. Shhhh. It's 21,308 words long, so it's actually got more words than most 100 pages scripts (20,000).

I'm happy. Now I get to deal with all the little tasks I've been ignoring, like setting up the watering system in Yoshi's tank, playing Fable 2, making penelope_stone a playlist.

But first, I'm off to the shop.

3 comments: