03 November 2006

the nanowrimo

yesterday and the day before didn't go so well. i got off to a bad start what with it being the day after halloween and me having work. so i got a little over 1,000 words that day. then yesterday i did better with 2,000. but i still hadn't caught up to where i was supposed to be. Today i wrote 2,863 words, bringing my total to 5,875. Today i was supposed to get to 5,001. so this makes me a happy person. I fianlly got into the flow today aswell. for the last 2 days i'd been writing terribly - piling on the exposition, the explaining setting and characters in a non-fun and dull way. But today i got onto a good adventurous bit and it was good. Nicodemus, the imp, is turning out to be my favourite character so far. I fear that i havn't been doing poor zachery justice at all. I havn't developed his character + he seems limp and faint. This will change.
ooh, yes. i'm only half way through chapter one of seventeen. i am not going to get this novel finished by the end of november, even if i have 50,000 words.

Anyway: tomorrow is saturday. saturdays are never good for me, i never have motivation to do anything. and on top of that i have to be up at 7 for work, so i will be tired to whole day too. I expect tomorrow could be quite a struggle.

anyway - i must go for a shower now, buh. then i'll go to bed and read for a crazy long time (i'm finding it very hard to read jonathan strange and mr norrell slowly).

right so, bye.

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved the name Nicodemus.

    Who ever said the Bible isn't a fun read should read Revelations.

    ReplyDelete