24 November 2008

a theraputic rant

i don't know why hoovers annoy me so much, or why i really really hate hoovering. i've just finished hoovering the apartment and i feel like killing something right now. i suppose it dosn't help that my hormones are all over the place today, but still. why can i not just accept the hoovering and do it in peace? because the stupid thing bumps into everything and the wire gets caught around stuff and it dosn't just hoover bits of string up in one pass and the elephant trunk thing likes to do silly dances around me, like some kind of over-enthusiastic snake dog thing. haaaa - it's actually exactly like some kind of silly puppy who really just wants to please you, but who's pathetic cuteness is grating when all you want to do is make it stop. just act like a serious thing and stop kidding around! maybe if a hoover had a cute face and made cute noises when you rubbed it, i wouldn't find it quite as offensive as i do.
right - this rant isn't really helping me calm down any. maybe it's the loudness of the hoover that gets to me. because, really, it shouldn't make me feel this bad. it's just a silly machine that sucks things up and follows you around and makes loud noises. and the place does look better afterwards. hmmm. perhaps it is the noise of it. i feel better now that i think i've found the source of the annoyance. next time i'll wear earplugs. and put on ravel's piano works or something.

yea.
now i have to go to the village and get breakfasty sort of ingredients. and then i have to come home and write loads (i wanted to get ahead of my word count today) and then i hope lordkilljoy hasn't forgotten that we had sorta thought about going to the cinema tonight. ooh - maynooth is getting a cinema. it's so cool having a cinema just down the road. you don't need to plan in advance to go.

ok - i feel like usual bubbly self again. thanks again Lj therapy!!

2 comments:

  1. I suppose it dosn't help that my hormones are all over the place today,

    Why are your hormones all over the place? Did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it is not a hoover so much as a leaf blower, especially in the early morning! I am finding your journals amusing,(That's a rarity really) and I love the "little reaper". I will add you if that is okay, keep writing!

    ReplyDelete