14 November 2008

work peeves

my lungs are not invincible, and wearing my scarf around my mouth does actually help with cold getting into them. it was pretty mild today, so i decided to try cycling back to work after lunch without my scarf around my mouth. my lungs were burning with cold after the 7 minute cycle. at least i know that my scarf is actually doing a lot of good. i don't just look like some hippy bandit raider.
i grow sicker of work every day. they are so unrealistic. they want us to sell the same amount of laptops we sold this time last year and they don't want us selling anything under €900. people just don't have that kind of money any more.
i also don't think i'm really cut out for sales. i'm too used to being poor and not buying things, so when people come in to buy stuff, i don't know how to convince them - 'cause i'm good at talking myself out of buying stuff. i also don't believe in convincing people to buy stuff they don't need; like when someone comes in for one thing and they go out without that one thing, but with 5 other things they didn't need.
:sigh: we'll see how stuff goes in a month and a half - my 3 month trail is up then.

right. now i must write. i have just under 3,000 words to do tonight. i'm a glutton for punishment. but i'm really suffering week 2 doldrums. i just have no motivation at all. oh well.

2 comments:

  1. also don't believe in convincing people to buy stuff they don't need

    I think you should work on convincing people NOT to buy things they don't need.

    Mostly in the home, really, as opposed to work :D

    ReplyDelete