19 May 2013

Blogger Finally Set Up

Right. Call me crazy but I just spent six days transferring my Livejournal to here. And it's not even my entire Lj - it's not even half of it. The posts only go back to 2006, where my Lj goes to 2001. But with 500-odd posts taking this long, I don't even want to think how long 1600 would take.

And how did I do it? Why did it take so long? Because blogging services hate each other. I had to use wordpress as an intermediary. But it all worked out splendidly - tags and comments came over, which is pretty cool. I'd been willing to settle for posts alone, but this is way better.

So, farewell, Livejournal. We've had fun, you and I. But you've lost your way. You want to be a social media outlet first and a place for lowly writers to rant about their lives second. I can't say I won't miss you, but at least now posting updates is fun again. And I'll still be checking my friends page, and I may even set up some kind of auto-post-to-Lj when I post here thing, if I can be bothered figuring it out.

1 comment:

  1. I just did cut and past via Windows Text Editor, but then I had far less entries to take over.

    ReplyDelete