14 May 2013

Short Story Submission


I just dithered for about half an hour over sending an email. Now, I'm pretty good at dithering over emails in general (Have I spelled everything right? Does it make sense? Do I sound like a fool?) but this email was special.

It's the first time I've submitted my writing in the hopes of getting accepted and paid for it. Imagine it - me, published. My heart does a little dance and I can't help smiling when I think of it. And then my brain steps in and reminds me that there will be hundreds of other writers submitting, and that my story doesn't stand much of a chance of being accepted. But still. It's exciting. And now I need to forget about it until August, when they announce the line-up.

Until then, it's back to Zachery and all his troubles. Though, I really enjoyed* writing this short story and am considering writing more. But I need to give Zachery some attention first. He gets very angsty when I leave him alone for too long.


*It's so easy to say I enjoyed it when it's finished. You should have seen me agonise over it when things weren't working out. I even gave up at one point, but my subconscious wouldn't let me off that easily. It continued to work though the snarly knot I'd made of things and drove me back to the story so it could see if its solution worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment