17 January 2011

Snowboarding again

So, all last night and this morning, I couldn't stop thinking about snowboarding. I got really annoyed, actually. I've been snowboarding before, in New Zealand, and there I could get the board to go, could stand up and do leafs down the learner slope. It was good and fun and amazing. Now, 5 years has passed, but it's not like I'm an old dame now. I should still be able to do this.

I kind of came to the conclusion that Sandia Peak's learner slope is too steep for learners. It's more like an intermediate beginner slope. And your brain might lump learners with beginners, but there is a difference. The learners slope should be flat enough that when you are trying to stand up your board doesn't try to slide down the hill with you. I seem to recall Mt Hutt's learner area being a very gentle gradient. Sandia Peak learner area was just as steep as the main areas. That's not fair to learners. I'm annoyed now. I feel like yesterday was wasted, but the competitive person in me wants to learn to get good and I feel that our local slope is against me. (Just found an article saying Sandia is the 3rd steepest learner slope in the US, not sure how accurate that is, but at least I'm not just fooling myself that it was the terrain's fault and not mine.)

Anyway. I'll go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment