28 January 2011

Thoughts and Desires

Memories are such flawed things. And so easy to manipulate. I just put on Feel Good Lost (by Broken Social Scene) and immediately I was back in the room in Maynooth and it was summer and it was amazing. Then the memory jumped to Heuston train station, it was still summer and it was still amazing - blazing sunshine, warm, blue sky the deepest shade of azure. Now, I know for a fact that the train station memory is from autumn, not summer and it was chilly. My brain just wants it to be summer (aka warm and sunny) all the time.

Actually, that's kind of the awful thing about here. It's delightfully sunny most of the time and I just want to go out and lie in the sand. But when I poke my nose out it's freezing. I can't wait for it to warm up. It's like when I was 14 or whatever waiting for Lord of the Rings to come out. I haven't been this desirous of anything in ages. Every day I wish it was warm out - all because of the sunshine.

Anyway, I really have to go. I have 2,000 words to write today and I haven't started yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment