01 January 2011

Winter

Happy 2011, everyone.

It's -8 outside. It got down to -12 last night. We stayed at home, where it was warm, and we had the heating on full blast. The balcony door has ice on the inside, it's a bit disturbing. We did go outside and light sparklers at midnight, and we saw fireworks from our balcony.
We're half-thinking of going snowboarding today (a bit late) or tomorrow. We went walking in Cibola Forest Foothills yesterday. It was amazing. The trails were covered in an inch or two of snow, the sun was out, it was freezing, but we were well prepared. We walked for about an hour (not that much - I think lordkilljoy was cold). I want to go again today, but I doubt that will happen. The road up was iced over in places. I imagine it would be even worse today. It's beautifully sunny, though. I feel I should make the most of it, because it's going to get cloudy again next week.

I don't have much else to say. Bye, so.

No comments:

Post a Comment