03 November 2011

I'm so tired

I’ve been meaning to update all day, but Lj had signed me out and I'd changed my password sometime in the past and I couldn't remember it, so I didn't get around to signing in. Until now - because I changed my password... anyway.

I’m freezing. It’s freezing outside and I don't want to go walk river. I made this amazing 3 meter scarf while I was home and I have it wrapped about my shoulders. My keyboard is keeping my lap warm :) It's also 24 C in here (I had the heating on earlier), and yet I feel cold. Le sigh. River’s tired too. I don't think she sleeps well in the boarding place. She’s been asleep all day and I even had to wake her for dinner. That’s never happened before. So we're all tired.

The trip home was really good. I didn't do much - got to hang out with mammy and daddy and Askea and it was wonderful. We knitted lots. And I got knitting books. Highlights included the beach, tramping through the dunes of said beach, eating - I ate loads - emm, stuff and knitting :) It was a wonderful trip (I’ve said this already, but it really was). There was nothing mad of big or organised, it was just me at home - where I belong :) oh my god - now I’m making myself homesick. Right.

The trip back here was good - everything went well. We had a bit of an issue at immigration in MSP when I asked for my visa to be stamped for a year. I had to go to this special cases area where we waited for a bit for someone to look into it. Apparently, it is very uncommon to get your visa stamped for one year. I (according to the guy) was the first person to go through msp to get such a stamp. So that took about 40 minutes and he had to go up 2 (possibly 3 levels) to get the okay. He also explained that going through on my visa is just going to get harder and harder. Sigh, again. Anyway, I’m in for a year now. We’ll see what happens.

We had 19 hours of daylight yesterday. Travelling is amazing :) If you had a fast enough plane, and enough fuel, you could just have it be day all the time. Or you could just move to one of the poles in summer... but that's not the point. Abq had the most amazing sunset when we landed. The sky was the deepest shade of orange - just amazing. And we saw the apartment from the plane as we came in to land. That was exciting.

Coming back to the apartment was weird. It felt so generic, or something. Like, I woke up this morning and it felt like I was in a hotel. It was somewhat awful. And I got the feeling a few times through the day as well. I don't know what was causing that. The smell, maybe. Or maybe I’m just tired. We’re going to try to stay up until 10 - so 2 hours to go.

Right, I don't really have much else to say.

3 comments:

  1. Visa Issues

    I'd suggest that Liam ask Intel to look into your Visa problems now and get them sorted. You don't want to be going back after your next trip abroad and find that Immigration want to deport you back to Ireland.

    Funny the feeling you had about the apartment. We used to get a bit down when we came back from holidays. We always put it down to being back at work having enjoyed our holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment on Visa Issues

    In case you didn't realise that it was me that left the comment that shows up as Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: Comment on Visa Issues

    I figured it was you :)

    I'm not sure what Intel can do. The visa options are pretty limited for non-married couples.

    ReplyDelete