04 October 2007

and now i have the police visiting

remember last week i mentioned that there had been a shooting near our house? well today, two police-women called to our door and wanted to get a statement from me. god - police make me so nervous and the police here carry guns. ahh. so they must have thought i was a complete wierdo, because first off our house has very little furniture, there are balloons all over our sitting room floor and i didn't have the heaters on ('cause i'd been in my room) so it was really cold.
then when they actually started asking questions i couldn't remember what age penelope_stone is. then they asked what we were doing from 7 to 10 and i said at home, but the fact is that i was still in work until 8 escaped me and when i corrected myself one of them gave me this look that kind of said "boy, are you ever suspicious". so i felt kind of bad. but well. i can't help that thoughts run and flee when under pressure and my tongue is left to make things up as it feels fit. so yea, i hope i don't get in trouble now. police-people are like the antithesis of me - they stand for everything real and concrete in the world, everything that means nothing to me. but anyway.

in other news, i felt a tremor this morning. it was nothing really - my bed shook gently for about 15 seconds, but my heart did have time to start pounding and my brain got to wondering if it was going to get worse. and it wasn't my imagination because claire said she felt it too.

i have an idea for my october horror story. it should be fun. thanks to davidnarby for the spark of inspiration. it starts with an abandoned coal mine and devolves from there. whey, lots of blood and guts and scary stuff. but not people melting because that's just too scary.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, you poor thing. I had a feeling they might be calling. Did I tell you I saw them in the neighbourhood. They are really slow in going around to people. I can hardly remember what i was doing that evening.

    Oh now i remember, I drove home from work, got breathalized, went for a walk and eventually came home.

    I'm sure they are used to people being nervous, hopefully, they are trained to be understanding.

    That is so cool you felt the earthquake, i'm so horribly jealous. And yeah to having a story. The coal mine idea is cool, and now you've physically seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Police Shake the Earth

    The subject of this comment started of as "Earth and Police Tremors". It is nerve-wracking when the police come calling or even when they stop you on the road. Remember my reaction that time outside Tullamore, and I'm supposed to be old and mature and well able to deal with that type of fm (my new expression cause I can't get away with saying shit in class anymore. It stands for faecal matter or fertile mass). My other experience was the time I got arrested here in Ballincollig. I went down to the station the following day to apologise and check it out. If it's really still bothering you maybe yourself and Askea can call into the police station. But the earth shaking must have been really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use It

    The other thing you could do is to build the experience of the police calling into your horror story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: Police Shake the Earth

    no - it's not really bothering me... it's just that none of us like to have our weaknesses shoved in our faces. but i'm sure they forgot about me soon enough.

    ReplyDelete