12 October 2007

library adventures

i broke yesterday - i was weak and went on to vodafone's moblie shop thing and bought prince of persia: two thrones, the mobile phone edition. it's fun. it lacks the great sound track of the real game, but the characters are still fun and the graphics are good.

today, i went to the library to get out some new books. of the five i got 2 weeks ago, i have one left. so new books are: the next in barbara hamley's dragon series and The Night Watch - the book that inspired the film. It's a translation - i've never read one of them before.

yes - the adventure part of all this. I got up lazily this morning and then remembered that i had planned to go to the library, so i rushed breakfast and ran out to catch the number 60 up to shirley. as i was turning out onto the road i saw the bus coming and sprinted for the bus stop, which was about 50 meters up. the bus passed me, but he stopped and let me on. yeay!

so that was all fine, i got to the library, got my books and headed for the bus stop back home. 10 minutes later the bus arrived and i got on, but to my horror i didn't have my bus card. i didn't have time to go back to the library and search, because i had to get home to make lunch for work. so i payed 2.50, got on the bus and totally searched though all my pockets. but no bus card anywhere. with shaking fingers, i texted penelope_stone my loss and bemoaned my card all the way home. i had just topped up by $20 and it costs $5 to get a new card.

when i got home i rang the library - their preppy french hold music making me feel better, and the girl dealing with me was so nice (and new - she cut me off trying to put me through to shirley library) and eventually i got on to a lady who said my card was safe in lost and found. yeay! so now i'm happy - i get to collect it tomorrow.

so that was my adventure. not all that serious, but still.

russian ballet tomorrow evening. that should be amazing. carmina burana. wooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment