02 September 2010

Book Binding

It seems drafts are not good only for books.
My book binder draft 1 didn't work out. The clamp bar was too small and the drill killed it. Book binder draft 2 is amazing, however. It’s 20 billion % better, in fact. It’s a nicer colour, it works, it looks cool. Woo! I spent the morning working on it. I kept two pieces from the original and sawed out new pieces from an old bit of shelf we had lying around.
Yea. Book binder cost €3.50 (the price of the carriage bolts and wing nuts - all the wood came from scrap). The glue was €4.50, and whatever paper costs, and printing costs, but it's definitely less than getting novel drafts professionally printed and bound. I haven't glued anything yet. I’m a bit scared about how that will turn out.

I’m not sure if I’m allowed tell the great wide public, but it looks as if me and lordkilljoy will be moving. More on that in the next few weeks. People who know what I’m talking about can't say anything in their comments (except lordkilljoy. If he says it's ok to mention it, then other people can talk about it).

Oh - I totally forgot to say: I finished draft 3. Well, I need to go back removing all the 'arounds' and 'backs' and sentences starting with 'and', but that doesn't count.

Yea. I think that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment