17 August 2008

note to self:

do not put things where they don't usually live. to put that in a positive frame: put things back where they live, not in some arbitrarily selected place that just happens to be handy.
i just spent the morning looking for my faber-castell mech pencil (the lovely one that i've blogged about before). i distinctly remembered that it was with my notebook - the motherboard one - slotted down in the ring binding. because that's where it's been for the last few weeks. so i got the notebook for taleweavers later, but no pencil. i searched my shelf, my bed, around my computer, the windowsill, my bookshelves, my study desk... no sign of the pencil. i even checked in the bag i bring to dublin, because lordkilljoy was the last person to use it. it wasn't anywhere.
it turns out that lordkilljoy was not, in fact, the last person to use it. i was - writing a note late at night and i put the pencil back up on top of my stack of notebooks and notepaper. which is usually a good place for it, because it used to live there, but it has recently moved house... i just like to give myself reasons to get confused. but all's well :) i found my pencil and it's back in the ring-binding of my notebook.

i finally got started on my alternative history yesterday. i have no idea how the story will work out - i just started writing and will rely on my imagination to come up with something suitable as i get further along. i really hope i get this month's finished. the last 3 i gave up on.

i read a good book yesterday - called "thief with no shadow" by emily gee. i enjoyed it - nice simple story, characters you could feel for. it was well contained, didn't ramble like a crazy thing, only 3 characters that you had to keep track of, 2 supporting characters and a handful of extras. possibly a bit too much sex for my taste, but i'll forgive that.
i'm reading lynn flewelling's nightrunner series at the moment. i want to read the first three again so that i can read shadow's return.

No comments:

Post a Comment