15 August 2008

wasps come out in august

i've always been wary of wasps, well perhaps a bit more than wary. i think they are the most awful species on the planet - right up there next to humans. wasps are worse, i think. they have no compassion, just viciousness - they'll sting with no provocation just because they feel like it. so yea - my hatred of wasps goes back a long way. if someone gave me the power to get rid of one species, wasps would be utterly vaporized this instant. i don't see what function they serve on earth, besides terrorizing humans.

anyway - today i had my window open (as you do in summer) and a wasp flew in. (this is where my story starts to get really stupid). i leapt out of my chair and ran screaming from the room. the wasp followed me out into the hall and was flying around. so then i really freaked out and went screaming down the stairs, like some kind of bimbo girl who's just broken a nail or something. revulsion of my pathetic reaction warred with my quite real panicked terror. but i wasn't about to calmly accept that there was a wasp flying about upstairs. i needed to close my bedroom door and shut my windows and turn my room into a wasp-free haven. i snuck (sneaked?) back upstairs. no sign of icky venomous terrorist wasp anywhere. i hesistentaly pushed my door open and looked carefully around. no wasp, so i ran to the window and shut it and closed my door and was happy :)
hah. my window is still closed (not so good for oxygen levels, oh well) and i think the wasp has left the house, but you can never be too sure.

yea - i've never been stung by a wasp or a bee (only ever stung by nettles) and i'd kinda like to keep it that way.

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand how you can hate wasps so much. They are not that bad and they will only sting you if you attack them first. I've been stung three times it's really not that bad, unless you stand on one.

    Without wasps there would be no honey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wasps don't make honey. bees do.

    ReplyDelete