29 November 2010

Being a Tourist

We made it to Old Town Albuquerque on Saturday (I think, the whole four days of the weekend have blurred into one. Edit: it was Friday). Once again I didn't have my camera, because it was kind of spur of the moment. We'd been out getting some things and just decided to head on to the old town. My main comments were, it's so pretty, and (about one building in particular), I want to live in a house that has a courtyard entrance just like this. All the houses were made of orange stone, but this one in particular had narrow walls leading to a little courtyard. Plants and cacti lined the walkway. A little (tiny) fountain / well stood at the centre of the courtyard - made of the same materials as the walls. It was all so cute and pretty. Each of the rooms (converted to shops) were small and cosy. None of the walls were straight, there were no corners in sight.
We sat on the lip of the fountain in the sunshine and it was just lovely.

In random other news: There was a rabbit hopping in the grass outside our apartment the other day. I think they live in the dune that's next to us.

I had the wierdest dream last night. I can't even focus on this post because it's so in my mind.
I was in a big house somewhere and some kind of gathering / party was just over. People had headed away and I was looking for a bed to sleep in. Or something. I was looking for something. It may have been my shoes so that I could leave too. Yea, I think that was it.
Anyway. I thing I found them and was on my way out when I looked out a window. The sky was bright and clear and there as a planet hovering just above the sky. It was at crescent, so half the sky was visible and the other half was a white mass of cratered planet. I couldn't move I was so frightened. I knew this planet was here to destroy Earth. And if it didn't destroy the world, the force of its mass so close to the planet would.
I knew just what that meant. Tidal waves - huge ones. As the thought went through my head, a mountain of water crashed against the window.
lordkilljoy and I leapt for cover, praying that the window would hold against the water crashing against it. Water covered it, covered the whole house, and a second later the window cracked. Water spewed in from the crack in the corner, but a second later the water receded.
We ran, checking to make sure everyone else was ok. I knew it was futile. I knew this was the end of the world.
I can't remember what happened after that. There was some kind of battle. There could have been mechs involved. There was definitely some kind of flying robot on our side. But I think all that happened before the tsunami, or we were defeated or something. I definitely woke up thinking, I don't want the world to end.

2 comments:

  1. Weird dream

    The world is not going to end. The way that we look at the world is. Ego, our belief in separate selves, has a strange way of interpreting one-mind messages. It sees everything in terms of catastrophe, which I suppose is natural enough, since the ego believes that it can be destroyed. But ego is an idea and so it is safe.

    I had a dream recently where I was in a glass room and had to keep a glass door locked to keep a monster out (angry bear-like creature, but more human looking?). I kept checking the door. A little girl opened the door and I could not see the monster outside. I began to search for it inside. I woke up in a panic, the monster is in here somewhere.

    I realised that the monster is trying to wake me up to something that I'm refusing to see.

    ReplyDelete