05 November 2010

Dinner with Denise and Eamon

We went over to Denise and Eamon for dinner last night. I made a slightly melty chocolate cake. Aoife made dinner, which was yummy. It was so good to just hang out and chat. We got to see skittles (the hamster) too. I totally want to have a hamster now.

Today, I wrote a story for Louise. I've never written a story for a 7 year old before. I don't think it was exciting enough, but I have no idea how much tension a 7 year old can handle.

I don't have much news. The apartment is mostly empty. All our stuff is gone. The tv and consoles are still here, but most of the games are gone. The shelves are empty. The walls were bare until today, when we went to ikea and got some paintings (or printed canvases, really) to replace the art prints we had put into storage. We also got a stripy rug, so the place doesn't look quite so bad any more.

I did some mad cleaning today, too. I went all around the skirting boards, hoovered under furniture, pollyfilled holes in the ceiling. So I got a bit done. Still need to clean under the appliances in the kitchen, and clean the presses, and wardrobes. God, it makes me tired just thinking about it.

Anyway. It's the weekend now. I might go to the cinema tomorrow and we are off to galway on sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Is that you off to the cinema just to use you cinema card? :)

    I'd say the apartment look very strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, there's actually movies i want to see.

    ReplyDelete