20 November 2010

Living Conditions

Our apartment is nice, but quite dark. There's one massive window in the back wall, which is supposed to light an 8 meter long room. Now, that might not be a problem for the sun, but we are north facing, and the sun doesn't shine in. So it's dark. And the lights are not cosy. The kitchen has a fluorescent strip and it is cold light. Compounding this problem is the dark wood stain on the presses (of which there are loads - that is good). Even the two lamps don't really do much to make the place nice at night. I may have to invest in lamps (lots of them).

Today is the first day with clouds since we arrived. Actually, I just looked out the window. The clouds are mostly gone. It's funny going out first thing in the morning here. It's absolutely freezing and I bring my coat, but by an hour later, I'm wondering why I brought my coat at all. I also need to get my layering right. I've been too hot most days. I think i have to just wear a t-shirt and a vest or something. but then i'll be cold in the morning and evening. i guess i should just wash my jumper. i packed it dirty, like a silly person.

I think I'll just go check out the hobby shop down the road, see if they have any things that will make our apartment brighter.

Right so, bye.

4 comments:

  1. Awh... its a pity its north facing but in summer that could be a blessing. Lamps do wonders. Strip lights are horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer Advantage

    There is a benefit from having a north facing apartment - when the really hot summer comes you may have a cooler place and not have to spend so much on air-conditioning. Well, a large American electronics company (Wasn't sure if I should use the 'I' word) wont have to spend so much.

    Any problems with altitude?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: Summer Advantage

    I haven't really noticed the altitude at all. But we'll see when my bike arrives.
    Yea, the north-facing will be good in summer (that's the hope, anyway).

    ReplyDelete