05 September 2008

i have ink all over my fingers

i got a new a4 pad today - one with narrow lines. i think standard lines on a4 pads are too far apart, narrow lines keep everything neat and small.
anyway, as you do with new a4 pads (well, most people probably don't) you have to christen the first page with some writing. so i started writing randomly, nothing special and switching pens and writing hands, when i remembered my fountain pen. it seems that travelling across the world needed lots of space in my brain for memories and dealing with new experiences and learning new stuff, so my brain chucked out some old stuff. one of the things that got chucked out was my memory of party shuffle. the other thing was my fountain pen. so i remembered it for the first time today, but thanks to my amazing organizational ability, i knew exactly where it was. it was in my pencil case, along with some pencils, 2 rubbers (erasers), a parer (pencil-sharpener), a permanent marker, a gel pen, some lip balm and my genie fork and spoon which i got in disneyland tokyo (which i had also totally forgotten about).
so i just spent the last while cleaning my fountain pen - it was manky - a whole cartridge of ink had died in it (which is to say it had dried up and stuck to the nib and the barrel and the top). but it cleaned up well and all is good again.

yea, so today has been good. i started my world-building. it's going well enough. and i got a white shirt in case i ever get an interview.

yea. i havn't much else to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment