04 September 2008

my dream last night

i had a strange dream last night. in it i was in a massive group of people - like a town or something and we were all running away from something scary. we ran up a hill and there were three big tents in the way. most people went around, but i went through because i knew it was shorter. but there were traps inside the tent (which i knew about beforehand) and it wasn't safe if you weren't careful. but i was careful. i stopped just inside the tent and looked around. a big pit opened out and down in front of me, filled with spikes and pressure traps. off to the left there was a ledge that had crumbled apart and mostly fallen into the pit.

i could see a person on the other side of the pit, standing where the ledge met the floor over there. he looked at me with no emotion - like a robot or a construct. so i started forward but got stuck and was too scared to move. then he came over and picked me up and carried me to the other side. the construct was liam and when we got to the other side i didn't want him to put me down, so i clung on to him. and since he was governed by a set of programming he didn't drop me, just held me and waited for me to let go myself.
the last bit i can remember was me clinging to his neck and him hunkered down to get me as close to the ground as possible without actually shoving me away.

yea. it was kinda wierd, but it didn't feel bad. it was one of those dreams where you feel utterly trusting of someone else - like they will support you through everything, and while this means giving up your own will, you don't mind because you trust them so much. it's a wonderful feeling, actually - no worries at all, just this kind of blissful acceptance that the other person has absolute control over you. hmm - i guess the main reason why it's a nice feeling is because you don't have to do anything for yourself. you just follow a set of instructions / let someone else do all your thinking and decision making.
of course, this feeling would never work in reality, but it's nice when it happens in dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment