07 December 2010

a trip to corrales

Woo, writing procrastination. I've been back writing 2 days now and already i'm on here writing in my journal instead of plotting book 2. well, i've hit a snag and i've been meaning to write in here since sunday, so it all works out.

we went to corrales on sunday afternoon. it's a five minute drive from our apartment. it's really weird actually, you drive along the main road and it's all built up and american looking. then you cross a street and go around a corner and all of a sudden you are in the country. there's this sign that says 'welcome to corrales village' and that's it. it's fields, trees and narrow roads from then on. corrales did not disappoint. the moment i learned we were moving to albuquerque, i went online to find the best place to live. after a few minutes research i centered on corrales. it's got adobe houses, farms, horses, greenhouses, grass, trees - all sun bleached and wind worn.

All our stuff should get here this week. I can't wait to have a variety of clothes to wear. I've had the same few tops for the last month and i'm a bit sick of them by now. I also can't wait to have my bike so I can go slightly farther afield than i can now. And I can do fun things like bring a picnic down to the river and stuff. whey.

No comments:

Post a Comment