16 December 2010

It's Raining

This is mad. Rain. I saw the clouds move in yesterday, and my first thought was, those look like rain clouds. Sure enough, everywhere is wet today. It's not really rain so much as a drizzle. I totally want to go out in it - I was out in the balcony just there and it's not really cold. And it smells lovely - like wet concrete. I thought that just happened because of heat, but it guess it's the dry more than the heat, because that's what it smells like outside.

So, other big news: we're off to Vegas for Christmas. We both decided it would be a bit depressing / just like any normal day to spend christmas here. And lordkilljoy had joked about christmas in Vegas ages ago. I guess jokes have a way of taking root and becoming reality. I'm excited though. Christmas is all about lights and spectacle and I don't think there's anywhere in the world that has more of that. We're staying at the MGM Grand - it's got lions (not sure if it has a real lion, but it's got massive metal ones).

So yea. I just wanted to update quickly.

2 comments:

  1. Christmas in Vegas will be unbelievable! And yep, they do have real lions in the MGM grand. You can even "interact" with some cubs but it's quite expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh rain, exciting. I'd its kinda strange seeing rain.after so much blue skies.

    I woke up to another winter wonderland this morning, there's even snow on the sand dunes of rossbeigh...

    ReplyDelete