29 December 2010

airport security

So, on the way home from Vegas, McCarran airport was sending every person through the full body xray machine. I've read up on these and I made a note to myself that if I had to go through one I would opt out. So I opted out. Now, I've read that opting out isn't that great because you get a full body pat down, but I figure the bruises from even the roughest pat down will heal, while the radiation from the xray will stick around.

Anyway. I opted out and the next thing i hear is 'female opt out' shouted across the security area. Not sure if they do this on purpose to make you feel bad, but I didn't let it affect me. Anything is better than radiation. I also think I was too tired to get worked up. So I was brought to a different area and a woman came over and explained exactly what she would do. She was polite, and caring in an 'I have a job to do' way. The pat down was fine. It didn't hurt, she was gentle and talked through the whole thing - 'I'm going down your back now. Now the legs,' etc. It was like a gentle, quick, full body massage.

So, on lordkilljoy's advice I'm posting this to let everyone know that the pat down wasn't that bad, for me anyway. And now that I've been through it once, I won't mind getting it done again.

No comments:

Post a Comment