10 December 2010

XPS

My XPS arrived yesterday. I screamed and danced when the fedex man arrived with it. Everything about it is lovely, even the box was totally sexy - black, streamlined, elegant, beautiful. Much like the laptop itself.
It's amazingly fast. It's kinda funny, because ever since Dell announced the XPS line I've wanted one. And now I have one. I guess when they first came out, I made a secret promise to myself that my next PC would be and XPS. And here I am.

I spend last night sorting out itunes. I went from 4 to 10 without losing any playcounts or ratings. I did lose a few tracks, but hopefully I'll get them again. Sigur Ros was amongst those lost, so that will be my motivation to get them.

The first program I installed was Chrome. The second was Word. Then came im clients and social networking apps. That's about it. Dropbox, too. I must get photoshop, then I'll be mostly set. I haven't installed any games, yet. I think Fallout New Vegas will be the first. I'm not that bothered because I've got loads to play on the Xbox.

The speakers are amazing on this laptop. I'm listening to Takk (the only Sigur Ros album that made it) and it's like listening on proper speakers. Okay, the bass is a tiny bit less whelming, but still. It's not an issue. The keyboard is backlit - very funky. Even though i have my own (logitech) keyboard hooked up to it - to make typing easier and stave off strains and stuff. I'll have to take a picture of the set up. It's pretty cool. I have my desk, computer, mouse, random things for personality.

We're heading out tonight for dinner with a few people lordkilljoy works with. They are cooking, so I'm kind of looking forward for that.

I don't think I have much else to say. I got my nano all set up with itunes. It has lots of music now, which is good. I was getting a bit bored of the radio (they have about 5 songs).

Right so.

No comments:

Post a Comment