27 January 2012

Cooking Update

(And writing update - let's do that first. It's more exciting.) I went over all of Artificer in five days. Once I got through the first few chapters, I was mostly reading, though. I can't seem to help myself - I get so caught up in the story. I guess this is a good thing, but now I'm wondering is the end good enough. The whole book is so exciting, with huge things going on and then the end just seems to come around so fast. Not sure if I just read it too fast, though. And it is just the end of the first book - kind of leading in to the second book. Or maybe I need something to slow the pace right before the end, and then pick it back up again. Not sure.

Right - cooking.
I've still been mad making delicious things, I've just kind of lost the will to photograph / write about them. Highlights this week were rolledy tubes of pasta with a cheese filling inside (way to make food sound unappetising :self-depreciatory face: ). They were absolutely delicious - like a yummy rolled up lasagne. And they were lovely, despite me not having two and a half of the ingredients.
The other high point was the meat sung type thing I made last night. It was "type thing" because it didn't actually have any meat. I used quorn instead, but you wouldn't even know. It was so delicious. And I got to puff rice noodles. I used up all my oil doing it, though. But it turned out so lovely. I made a huge dish - like 15"x10" or something - and we ate almost the whole thing. Savagery, but it was so yummy. And to be fair, most of it was air in the puffedy thingys. Anyway. Pics:


Well, one pic. Nom nom nom.

2 comments:

  1. Of course I'm biased

    While staying in Askea's house last week I read Black Prism by Brent Weeks. I'll have to admit I was a little disappointed, but still enjoyed it. When I finished reading it, I said to myself, and then to Mary, that your Artificer story is much better.

    And I still think the same way. Yours is better. Go Zarkia, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Of course I'm biased

    Thanks :)
    I quite enjoyed black prism, but to be compared to Brent Weeks - let's hope the world thinks the same once I'm published.

    ReplyDelete