09 January 2012

For the Empire (Red)

I finally got my christmas / birthday present from mammy and daddy. It's a KitchenAid stand mixer and it looks so amazing. It's "empire" red, it looks like something beautiful straight out of some retro-future. I've not had a go of it yet because we defrosted the second loaf of ciabatta the same day we got it, so there was no need for bread.


This is it. So beautiful.

The ciabatta we had with lasagne I made from scratch. It was amazing. lordkilljoy insisted I make it again in the near future. We had a kind of pork ramen today. That was nice too - the sauce on the pork was delicious, but I put in slightly too much oil.

Not much else - I'm going playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (never finished it before) so I'll be fresh for Revelations.

5 comments:

  1. Will you just come to my house and cook me dinner too. I'm so jealous of all your cooking.

    Well done to you.

    I think we are going to have a stir-fry for dinner... boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some things never change

    Looking at your mixer reminded me of the huge ones in the bakery in Killeshandra long ago. The size is different, but the principle remains the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so jealous, I've wanted one of these for ages! Tell me, did your parents buy it in Ireland or over here? If it's an American one, will it work at home too? I'm bad at electric things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They gave me the money to get it over here. I've been looking for a really good one at a reasonable price for ages (okay, a month or two) and I saw it in Costco the other day. I was so surprised to see it there.

    I'll have to get a transformer when we go home to get it to work. Or get it here before we go, but if I tried to plug it in directly at home (using just an adaptor plug) it would blow the motor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm innnnteresting! I've been eyeballing them in Costco too. They're so much more expensive at home, and a great investment. If I had one maybe I'd cook as much as you!

    ReplyDelete