14 January 2012

Oat biscuits

On a whim last night I decided to make something nice. Something cakey and chocolaty but not too rich. I would have made chocolate lava cakes, but I didn't have small enough pots to bake them in, so I settled on oat walnut chocolate chip cookies. It was incredible, from taking the flour out of the press to enjoying the first bite of melty, sweet, oaty, chocolaty biscuit took about half an hour. My mixer is amazing. You literally pour everything into it and 1 - 2 minutes later it's ready to go in the oven. If I'd had it over christmas I would have made chocolate chip cookies every day (okay, not really) but I do think they would have come out more like M&S cookies. Because the ones I made last night had an almost identical texture (to M&S ones).


Yummy (even if the first bite does seem excessively sweet - the oats and walnuts quickly balance that, though).

Ooh - and the slow cooker is off the hook. The brisket last night was delicious.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, they look incredible. I just want to reach into my computer screen and eat them all.

    The photo helps, I love it, but then I do love close up photos with a distinct area of focus.

    Glad to hear your slow cooker worked out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photoshop helped, too. I spent ages cropping and getting the colours just right. The original shot had a slight greenish tinge that was making it look slightly less appetising.
    I do wish more of my food shots would come out this well, though. And I agree about the narrow depth of field - it works amazingly to bring your eye to the main focus of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cruel mistress!!

    My mouth is watering.

    Even mores because i'm on this silly fitness diet.
    arghh

    ReplyDelete