24 December 2011

Decadent, Delicious, Divine

I'm making chocolate chip cookies for christmas - Marks and Spencer style ones (based on Alton Brown's recipe "The Chewy"). And they seem absolutely amazing. There is half a bowl of sugar in there, three big bars of artisan chocolate, flour, vanilla, and a bunch of other lovely stuff. The dough is chilling right now.

Also chilling in the frige right now is pizza dough. It's been in there for a day, rising away to itself. I made the yeast yesterday - put it in a bowl with warm water. For a while it wasn't doing anything, then I added sugar and immediately it started to blossom. It was amazing. I jumped up in excitement - I'd made something come to life. Brilliant stuff.

I'm making little brownie type things too. And we have ice cream. This christmas is going to be brilliant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment