12 December 2011

Weather + Food = Routine

Yesterday I wore jeans, a light t-shirt and sandals. Today I'm wearing three layers and socks. The weather here is a bit mixed up. I think phoenix people (phoenicians?) don't like the rain. Usually of a morning walking river, we'd meet loads of people out walking with, or without, their dogs. Today we met one person. I think all the people who stayed at home were right. River got saturated and dirty and I had to give her a bath when we got home. I carried her across the carpet into the bath, because I'm paranoid about this mad deep-pile carpet getting dirty.

The walk was nice, in a very Irish way. The day was pretty soft - overcast and drizzly. So picture any typical rainy day in autumn or spring or summer and there you go. Not winter, because it wasn't cold enough. It was just the kind of miserable that you need a coat to keep the rain off, but it's so humid and just warm enough that you end up feeling rotten 5 minutes into the walk. Anyway - it was lovely for a change, but I hope it's sunny again tomorrow. Ooh, the weather is giving thunder for tomorrow - how exciting. River and I might have to find some indoor activity...

I don't think I have much other news. I'm going to try making weekly menus from now on - make something from a different cookbook each day. I was thinking of starting with Wagamama today. I got out some chicken, but I haven't decided what to do with it yet. I think each Sunday afternoon will be put aside for perusing the growing number of cookbooks I have and selecting dishes for the week and making out a shopping list. Sure we'll see how it goes. I'm just sick of Liam coming home and we deliberating for ages about what we'll have. Begin operation: let's get some routine going.

Right so. I'm off, then.

3 comments:

  1. What's in a Name

    Yes, according to the internet you are a Phoenician or more locally a Chandlerite. Surely someone from Chandler is simply a Chandler.

    One way to deal with the deep pile carpet in the bathroom is to get the plastic stuff that we use to put under the sleeping bags when lying out. That was their original intention.

    Nice to see that you are getting a nice soft Irish day when we are being blown over with chilly winds at 5 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a routine is great. It's something i should do really. I'm feeling rather unmotivated about cooking dinners lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That same feeling is what spurred me to do this. And watching far too many cooking shows (cooking channel is great, pity we don't get it here in phoenix - i miss it).

    ReplyDelete