23 December 2011

Ready for Christmas

Length of Day: 9h 56m
Tomorrow will be 7s longer.

:)

No dinner post today. We went out last night. To The Cheesecake Factory. It was amazing. We had brownie cheesecake. It was yummy.

We did it in aid of me not getting a dough mixing device. I was so excited. I'd found one in a shop nearby that was way cheaper than you could get them even on amazon. So we rushed over when lordkilljoy came home from work and I was all excited handing the till person the product code. And then they came back saying they had already sold the last one. And I was a sad, sad kitten. So we got yummy dinner and amazing desert to cheer me up. And it worked. It still means I have to mix the Marks and Spencer (hopefully) style cookies I'm making by hand, which means sore arms after a few minutes, but whatever. The biscuits should turn out nice anyway.

Right so. Will try to update over Christmas, but I might not get time. Dinner highlights will include homemade calzone and (possibly) grilled cornish hen. I'm feeling a bit of trepidation about the recipe I've chosen, simply because grilling a chicken (even a tiny one) seems like an odd idea to me. I might just use the essence of the recipe (how to make gravy from jus, etc) and just roast the chicken anyway. I've no plans for stuffing :( but we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment