30 December 2011

I'm improving, very slightly

"Riveríní, my bread is exploding." The last words out of my mouth. And I'm not kidding. I made ciabatta and it's expanded about 4 times the size it was. I have enough bread for about 12 people or something. It covers a 30cm x 60cm baking tray and is about 5 cm high. And it's still getting bigger. I don't know what I did wrong. Oh well. Hopefully it tastes nice anyway.

I don't have much other news. I made nice butternut squash last night. And I think I've realised that my digestive system isn't the fondest of eggs. I also made some oat croquette type things, but they turned out quite dry. It didn't help that I forgot to make the sauce that went with them - and I had the ingredients and everything.

The ciabatta's out of the oven now. It got a little toasty on top. I think my oven runs hot. I should get an oven thermometer thing so I can check it. Right so. Here's some foody pictures from over the holidays.




calzone - looking at it makes me want to make another


m+s style cookies - so moreish


last night's dinner


ciabatta monster

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing! Even the monster ciabatta! Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete